EDIT: I have now added the links to my other posts so it’s easier to find them. Sorry.
Hi there! This year has already had a bad start, especially on this blog. I think that this time I’m sorry for not being consistent on my blog for various reasons. But I’ll probably make a new post of what’s going on in my life later on, so I won’t be getting into that today.
Even though I’m literally 9 days late for this, I hope you have a Happy New Year (and I hope you had a great Christmas too).
So, this post is similar to my last year’s resolutions, but this time I’ll also see how I did this year. Kind of like a review.
Italics = My comments
Last Year’s New Year’s Resolutions
1) Work on my anxiety. – Try to find out more about it and how to control it. ❌– I’ll give this a fail because my anxiety has gotten worse (I think). Lots of things happened, so I’ll write a separate post on that.
2) Start a bullet journal. – Try to make it a part of my lifestyle and actually use it, not just have it. 1/2✔- This is a half because I have made a bullet journal, and I’ve used it for some bits and pieces, like some to-do lists etc. but it wasn’t really a part of my lifestyle – just a one-time thing.
3) Maybe lose weight? – I’m not sure about this one, but I think I would like to lose some weight. Do more sports, drink more water. Just overall be healthy. (I added this a bit later by the way) ❌– This is a complete fail. Turns out that 1) I’m growing and my weight is getting bigger (duh) but I’m a healthy weight so I’m happy about that, and 2) I cannot, for the life of me, consistently drink water. I’ve tried when it was the summer, and I did okay with flavoured water (I added lemon for some taste since I hate plain water.) But that went back down after the summer. Oops
1) Write more notes and focus more. – Complete all homeworks and exams to the best of my ability, and don’t distract yourself (with useless things like checking social media etc.). ✔– I’m happy with my previous grades and my current grades, actually. I might need to practise my revision and organisation for homework etc. (not doing the night before) but overall I’m happy with what I have.
2) Be more confident. – Maybe talk more to others, but dont make it a must when it’s not needed! 1/2✔– I guess? I do talk to some more people now and I’m not as awkward, but I’m still bad at normal conversations with people I don’t know as well and I mostly stay silent.
1) Be more productive. – Basically, post more!! (But don’t feel bad if you don’t get something on time, it’s not always going to be perfect.) ❌– Compelete fail. I started off quite well at the beginning of the year, and now, as you can see, I have 2 month breaks. I’ll wrote morw about this on a separate post, too.
2) Be creative! – Add pictures and overall work on my blog design. ✔– I’ll say I have accomplished this, because I haven’t posted much, and maybe I haven’t put many pictures in my posts. But, I did change my blog design, with the help of the amazing and talented Kate, and I’m proud of that.
Well, that’s 3/7. I can go with that, but I hope this year can go a little better. Now, for this year’s resolutions…
New Year’s Resolutions
1) Don’t be afraid to share what’s on your mind. – Basically, share my ideas more and of him not okay with something, say that too.
2) Start a healthier lifestyle. – I need to start eating well, drinking water, having a good sleeping schedule etc. It’s about time…
1) Cut out in toxic friendships. – This is one that everyone should do, really. Toxic friendships cam ruin a person quite quickly.
2) Be more organised. – I’m putting this again because I need to just have a good schedule or routine everyday to help me with everything that goes on in my life.
1) Be honest. – I created this blog to help me be honest with people and as a way of just talking about my problems in order to help other who’re going through the same things.
2) Add colours and pictures. – I still need to work on this, but yeah. I just want to make my posts look nice (to match my blog design).
Now, I’m calling this “New Year, Improved Me” because I don’t want to change. I want to stay being myself, but, just improve the things I’m not happy about.
And I’m sorry that this is late, this year barely started and my mind is already running around the whole place.
Thank you for still being here for me, and thank you for all the support I received from everyone through 2018. I appreciate every single one of you, and I mean it.
P.S Another post is coming soon…